Sunday, December 19, 2010

May I Take Your Order?


This post is just an introduction to the Drink More Swamp Water blog.  My name is Chris Jay, and I'm a native resident of Louisiana with an uncommon love for the awe-inspiring variety of daiquiris available in cities like Shreveport-Bossier City, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Ruston, and all of the small towns with terrific "daiquiri shacks" scattered throughout our great state.  I named the blog after what I believe to be the greatest regional daiquiri of Louisiana, "Swamp Water."  In particular, I was moved to start this blog after enjoying several slightly different - but all profoundly delicious and potent - Swamp Water daiquiris from drive-through shacks in the Abbeville, Gueydan, and Kaplan, Louisiana areas. 

My goal is to make at least one post per week reviewing my favorite regional daiquiris of Louisiana.

Just a quick word of disclaimer: I live in Shreveport-Bossier City, so many of my reviews will be of North Louisiana daiquiris, just due to convenience.  But I've got family and friends all over the State, including in the area that I regard to be the Valhalla of daiquiris - the Lafayette/Abbeville/New Iberia area.

Got suggestions or comments?  Let me know in the comments section - I plan to open an e-mail account for this blog ASAP.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment